- Stewart P., Mackenzie S. and Fleming P.J., “A neural network based approach to computationally intense distributed aerospace simulations”, Conference paper commissioned and sponsored by QINETIQ.. IASTED International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Applications. Malaga, Spain. September 9-12, 2002. ISBN:0-88986-352-0, ISSN:1482-7913, pp.533-538.
- Zavala J.C., Stewart P., and Fleming P.J., “Multiobjective automotive drive by wire controller design.” IEE / IEEE International Conference on Computer aided Control System Design, Glasgow, Scotland, pp.69-73, 18-20 September 2002.
- Stewart P., Clark R.E., Jewell G.W. and Fleming P.J., “Controllability analysis of multi objective control systems” IEE / IEEE International Conference on Computer aided Control System Design, Glasgow, Scotland, pp.74-79, 18-20 September, 2002.
- Stewart P., Mackenzie S. and Fleming P.J., “On the response surface methodology for computationally intensive distributed aerospace simulations” Conference paper commissioned and sponsored by QINETIQ. IEEE Winter Simulation Conference. San Diego, USA. pp.476-482, December 8-11, 2002.
- Stewart P., Stone D.A. and Fleming P.J. “Design of robust fuzzy-logic control systems by multi-objective evolutionary methods with hardware in the loop” IFAC Journal of Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Vol.70, no.3, pp.275-284, May 2004.
- Stewart, P.; Stone, D.A.; Fleming, P.J., “On-line multiobjective automatic control system generation by evolutionary algorithms,” Industrial Electronics, 2004 IEEE International Symposium on , vol.2, no., pp.1459,1464 vol. 2, 4-7 May 2004, doi: 10.1109/ISIE.2004.1572029
- Stewart P., Stone D.A. and Fleming P.J., “On-line design of robust fuzzy-logic motion control systems by multi-objective evolutionary methods”, 2004 American Control Conference
- Stewart P., Zavala J.C. and Fleming P.J., “Automotive drive by wire controller design by multi objective techniques” IFAC Journal of Control Engineering Practice. Vol.13/2, pp.257-264. Feb. 2005.
- Stewart P., Gladwin D. and Fleming P.J., “Multiobjective analysis for the design and control of an electromagnetic valve actuator” Proceedings of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering. Vol. 221(5), pp. 567-577, 2007.
- Stewart, P.; Gladwin, D.; Parr, M.; Stewart, J., “A Multiobjective G.A./Fuzzy Logic augmented flight controller for an F16 aircraft,” Fuzzy Systems Conference, 2007. FUZZ-IEEE 2007. IEEE International , vol., no., pp.1,6, 23-26 July 2007
- Gladwin D., Stewart P. and Stewart N., “Automatic controller design and optimization using Simulink”, The 16th IASTED International Conference on Applied Simulation and Modelling ~ASM 2007~ August 29-31, 2007 Palma de Mallorca, Spain
- Stewart P., “Multiobjective augmented flight controller design for an F16 Aircraft.”, Plenary Lecture: 6th International Congress of Mechatronics Engineering, Monterrey, Mexico, April 9th-12th 2008
- Gladwin D., Stewart P. and Stewart J., “Optimal engine control for series-hybrid electric vehicles by evolutionary programming methods”, SAE International 2008 Powertrains, Fuels and Lubricants Congress, June 23-25, 2008 Shanghai, China 08SFL-0258
- Stewart P. “Search Methodologies and decision support in automotive control applications” IMechE Symposium on Control and Modelling in Automotive Systems, UKACC Control 2008 conference, Manchester/Salford University, 3rd September 2008.
- Gladwin D., Stewart P., Stewart J., Chen R. and Winward E., “An adaptive decision support methodology for process-in-the-loop optimisation”, SCS/IEEE International Workshop on Modelling and Applied simulation (MAS2008), Calabria, Italy September 17-19, 2008
- Stewart P., Gladwin D., Stewart J., Chen R. and Winward E., “Improved decision support for engine in the loop experimental design optimisation. Part I and Part II.”, Proceedings of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers Part D – Automobile Engineering Vol.224, No.2, pp. 201-218, 2009.
- Chen R. ,Winward E., Stewart P. and Taylor B., “Quasi-Constant Volume (QCV) Spark Ignition Combustion”, 2009 SAE World Congress, April 20-23, 2009, Cobo Center, Detroit, MI, USA.
- Molina Cristobal A. and Stewart P, “Optimisation of Reduced Order Flight Controllers using Multiobjective Genetic Algorithms and Linear Matrix Inequalities”. CEAS 2009, Manchester.
- Gladwin D., Stewart P. and Stewart J., “Automatic Generation of Control Systems: a Hardware in the Loop Experimental Study”, International Conference on Systems Engineering ICSE 2009, University of Coventry UK, September 2009.
- Gladwin D., Stewart P., Parr M. and Stewart J., “Multiobjective evolutionary-fuzzy augmented flight controller for an F16 Aircraft.” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering. Vol.224, No.3, pp 293-309, 2010. Awarded IMechE Charles Sharpe Beecher Prize for best Aerospace Paper 2010.
- Stewart P., Molina-Cristobal A., Bingham C.M. and Stewart J., “Multiobjective Optimisation of Controller Structure using Genetic Algorithms and Linear Matrix Inequalities, Applied to the HiMAT Aircraft”, CDC 2010
- Gladwin D, Stewart P., Stewart J., “Internal combustion engine control for series-hybrid electric vehicles by evolutionary programming methods” International Journal of Systems Science – Computational Intelligence for Modelling and Control of Advanced Automotive Drivetrains, 42 (2). pp. 249-261. ISSN 0020-7721, 2011.
- Gladwin D., Stewart P. and Stewart J., “A Controlled Migration Genetic Algorithm Operator for Hardware-in-the-Loop Experimentation”, IFAC Journal of Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence. Volume 24, Issue 4, pp. 586-594,
- Gladwin D., Stewart P. and Stewart J., “A novel Genetic Programming approach to the design of engine control systems for the voltage stabilisation of Hybrid Electric Vehicle generator outputs”, Proceedings of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers Part D – Journal of Automobile Engineering. Volume 225, pp. 1334-1346, 2011.
- Chen J and Stewart P. “Planning Aircraft Taxiing Trajectories via a Multi-Objective Immune Optimisation” The 7th International Conference on Natural Computation and 8th International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery, 26-28 July 2011, Galaxy Hotel, Shanghai, China.
- Jun Chen, Stefan Ravizza, Jason A. D. Atkin, and Paul Stewart, “On the Utilisation of Fuzzy Rule-Based Systems for Taxi Time Estimations at Airports”, ATMOS 2011 – 11th Workshop on Algorithmic Approaches for Transportation Modelling, Optimization and Systems, Sept 8th, 2011, Saabrucken, Germany.
- Michal Weiszer, Jun Chen, Stefan Ravizza, Jason Atkin, Paul Stewart, “A heuristic approach to greener airport ground movement”, 2014 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation (CEC14), pp. 3280-3286, 06 – 11 Jul 2014, Beijing, China
- Michal Weiszer, Jun Chen, Stefan Ravizza, Jason Atkin, Paul Stewart, “Towards airport green ground movement using multi-objective, multi-component optimisation and heuristic”, 2014 IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence WCCI2014, Beijing, China, July 6-11, 2014
- Jun Chen, Michal Weiszer, Paul Stewart and Masihalah Shabani, (2015) ‘Towards a More Realistic, Cost Effective and Greener Ground Movement through Active Routing: Part 1-Optimal Speed Profile Generation’, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Issue 99, pp 1-14, ISSN: 1524-9050, DOI: 10.1109/TITS.2015.2477350, November 2015-11-18
- Michal Weiszer, Jun Chen, Paul Stewart (2015), A real-time Active Routing approach via a database for airport surface movement. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Volume 58, Part A, September 2015, Pages 127–145 DOI: 10.1016/j.trc.2015.07.01
- Jun Chen, Michal Weiszer, Paul Stewart, ‘Optimal Speed Profile Generation for Airport Ground Movement with Consideration of Emissions’, IEEE 18th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Canary Islands, Spain, 15-18 September, 2015
- Jun Chen, Michal Weiszer, Paul Stewart, ‘Preference-based evolutionary algorithm for airport runway scheduling and ground movement optimisation’, IEEE 18th International Conference on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Canary Islands, Spain, 15-18 September, 2015
- Jun Chen, Michal Weiszer, Giorgio Locatelli, Stefan Ravizza, Jason A. Atkin, Paul Stewart and Edmund Burke, (2016) ‘Towards a More Realistic, Cost Effective and Greener Ground Movement through Active Routing: Part 2-A Multi-Objective Shortest Path Approach’ , IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems, December 2016, 17(12):3524-3540) Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/TITS.2016.2587619
- Michal Weiszer, Jun Chen, Paul Stewart, (2018) ‘Preference-based evolutionary algorithm for airport surface operations’, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Volume 91, June 2018, Pages 296–316, doi: 10.1016/j.trc.2018.04.008
- A. Wrigley, P. Wood, P. Stewart, R. Hall, D. Robertson (2018) Module layout optimization using a genetic algorithm in light water modular nuclear reactor power plants, Nuclear Engineering and Design, Volume 341, January 2019, Pages 100-111, ISSN 0029-5493, doi:10.1016/j.nucengdes.2018.10.023.