- Stewart P. and Kadirkamanathan V., “Dynamic model reference PI control of flux weakened permanent magnet AC motor drives” IFAC Journal of Control Engineering Practice. Vol. 9, no. 11, pp.1255-1263. November 2001.
- Clark R.E., Stewart P., Jewell G.W. and Howe D., “Tailoring force-stroke characteristics in medium-stroke linear reluctance actuators” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol.38, No.5, pp.3267-3269 2002.
- Stewart P., “Torque maximisation of the PMAC motor for high speed, low inertia operation” Asian Journal of Control. Vol. 5, No. 1, pp.58-64, May 2003.
- Stewart P. and Kadirkamanathan V., “Commutation of permanent magnet synchronous AC motors for military and traction applications” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. Vol.50, No.3, pp. 629-631, June 2003.
- Stewart P. and Kadirkamanathan V., “Dynamic model tracking design for low inertia, high speed permanent magnet AC motors”, Institute of Instrumentation, Systems and Automation Transactions, vol.43, no.1, pp. 111-122, January 2004.
- Stewart P. and Fleming P.J., “Drive by wire control of automotive driveline oscillations by response surface methodology” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. Vol.12(5), pp.737-41, Sept. 2004.
- Stewart P., Zavala J.C. and Fleming P.J., “Automotive drive by wire controller design by multi objective techniques” IFAC Journal of Control Engineering Practice. Vol.13/2, pp.257-264. Feb. 2005.
- Gladwin D., Stewart P., Stewart J. and Cowley C., “DC Voltage Stabilisation for The Series Hybrid Electric Vehicle” Transactions of the Institute of Instrumentation, Systems and Automation, Vol 47/2 pp 222-228, April 2008.
- Stewart P., Gladwin D., Stewart J., Chen R. and Winward E., “Improved decision support for engine in the loop experimental design optimisation. Part I and Part II.”, Proceedings of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers Part D – Automobile Engineering Vol.224, No.2, pp. 201-218, 2009.
- Kan Liu, Q. Zhang, Z.Q. Zhu, J. Zhang, A.W. Shen, Stewart P., “Two Novel MRAS Strategies for Identification of Parameters in Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors ”, International Journal of Automation and Computing. Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 526-524, November 2010.
- Wilson D, Stewart P., Jewell G, Taylor B, “Methods of resistance estimation in permanent magnet synchronous motors for real-time thermal management.” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion Vol.25, No.3. pp. 698-707, 2010
- Gladwin D, Stewart P., Stewart J., “Internal combustion engine control for series-hybrid electric vehicles by evolutionary programming methods” International Journal of Systems Science – Computational Intelligence for Modelling and Control of Advanced Automotive Drivetrains, 42 (2). pp. 249-261. ISSN 0020-7721, 2011.
- Gladwin D., Stewart P. and Stewart J., “A Controlled Migration Genetic Algorithm Operator for Hardware-in-the-Loop Experimentation”, IFAC Journal of Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence. Volume 24, Issue 4, pp. 586-594,
- Gladwin D., Stewart P. and Stewart J., “A novel Genetic Programming approach to the design of engine control systems for the voltage stabilisation of Hybrid Electric Vehicle generator outputs”, Proceedings of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers Part D – Journal of Automobile Engineering. Volume 225, pp. 1334-1346, 2011.
- Wilson S., Stewart P. and Stewart J., “Real-time thermal management of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors by resistance estimation”, IET Transactions in Electric Power Applications. 6 (9). pp. 716-726. ISSN 1751-8660, 2012.
- Paul Stewart and Chris Bingham ‘Electrical Power and Energy Systems for Transportation Applications’, Energies 2016, 9(7), 545; doi:10.3390/en9070545, Received: 11 July 2016 / Accepted: 13 July 2016 / Published: 14 July 2016