Prof Paul Stewart: PUBLICATIONS
- Stewart P. and Kadirkamanathan V., “Dynamic model reference PI control of flux weakened permanent magnet AC motor drives” IFAC Journal of Control Engineering Practice. Vol. 9, no. 11, pp.1255-1263. November 2001.
- Clark R.E., Stewart P., Jewell G.W. and Howe D., “Tailoring force-stroke characteristics in medium-stroke linear reluctance actuators” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, Vol.38, No.5, pp.3267-3269 2002.
- Model reduction for control system design IEEE Control Systems Magazine, Volume: 23 Issue: 1 , Feb 2003 Page(s): 104
- Stewart P., “Torque maximisation of the PMAC motor for high speed, low inertia operation” Asian Journal of Control. Vol. 5, No. 1, pp.58-64, May 2003.
- Stewart P. and Kadirkamanathan V., “Commutation of permanent magnet synchronous AC motors for military and traction applications” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics. Vol.50, No.3, pp. 629-631, June 2003.
- Stewart P., Fleming P.J. and MacKenzie S.A., “Real Time Simulation and Control Systems Design by the Response Surface Methodology and Designed Experiments”, International Journal of Systems Science, Vol. 34, No. 14-15, pp. 837-850, Nov.-Dec. 2003.
- Stewart P. and Kadirkamanathan V., “Dynamic model tracking design for low inertia, high speed permanent magnet AC motors”, Institute of Instrumentation, Systems and Automation Transactions, vol.43, no.1, pp. 111-122, January 2004.
- Stewart P., Stone D.A. and Fleming P.J. “Design of robust fuzzy-logic control systems by multi-objective evolutionary methods with hardware in the loop” IFAC Journal of Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, Vol.70, no.3, pp.275-284, May 2004.
- Stewart P. and Fleming P.J., “Drive by wire control of automotive driveline oscillations by response surface methodology” IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology. Vol.12(5), pp.737-41, Sept. 2004
- Stewart P., Zavala J.C. and Fleming P.J., “Automotive drive by wire controller design by multi objective techniques” IFAC Journal of Control Engineering Practice. Vol.13/2, pp.257-264. Feb. 2005.
- Neural networks and intellect-using model based concepts. IFAC Journal of Control Engineering Practice. Vol 13/5 pp 667-668. May 2005.
- Stewart P., Gladwin D. and Fleming P.J., “Multiobjective analysis for the design and control of an electromagnetic valve actuator” Proceedings of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering. Vol. 221(5), pp. 567-577, 2007.
- Gladwin D., Stewart P., Stewart J. and Cowley C., “DC Voltage Stabilisation for The Series Hybrid Electric Vehicle” Transactions of the Institute of Instrumentation, Systems and Automation, Vol 47/2 pp 222-228, April 2008.
- Stewart P., Gladwin D., Stewart J., Chen R. and Winward E., “Improved decision support for engine in the loop experimental design optimisation. Part I and Part II.”, Proceedings of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers Part D – Automobile Engineering Vol.224, No.2, pp. 201-218, 2009.
- Wilson D, Stewart P., Jewell G, Taylor B, “Methods of resistance estimation in permanent magnet synchronous motors for real-time thermal management.” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion Vol.25, No.3. pp. 698-707, 2010
- Gladwin D., Stewart P., Parr M. and Stewart J., “Multiobjective evolutionary-fuzzy augmented flight controller for an F16 Aircraft.” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering. Vol.224, No.3, pp 293-309, 2010. Awarded IMechE Charles Sharpe Beecher Prize for best Aerospace Paper 2010.
- Kan Liu, Q. Zhang, Z.Q. Zhu, J. Zhang, A.W. Shen, Stewart P., “Two Novel MRAS Strategies for Identification of Parameters in Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors ”, International Journal of Automation and Computing. Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 526-524, November 2010.
- Gladwin D, Stewart P., Stewart J., “Internal combustion engine control for series-hybrid electric vehicles by evolutionary programming methods” International Journal of Systems Science – Computational Intelligence for Modelling and Control of Advanced Automotive Drivetrains, 42 (2). pp. 249-261. ISSN 0020-7721, 2011.
- Gladwin D., Stewart P. and Stewart J., “A Controlled Migration Genetic Algorithm Operator for Hardware-in-the-Loop Experimentation”, IFAC Journal of Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence. Volume 24, Issue 4, pp. 586-594,
- Gladwin D., Stewart P. and Stewart J., “A novel Genetic Programming approach to the design of engine control systems for the voltage stabilisation of Hybrid Electric Vehicle generator outputs”, Proceedings of the Institute of Mechanical Engineers Part D – Journal of Automobile Engineering. Volume 225, pp. 1334-1346, 2011.
- Wilson S., Stewart P. and Stewart J., “Real-time thermal management of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors by resistance estimation”, IET Transactions in Electric Power Applications. 6 (9). pp. 716-726. ISSN 1751-8660, 2012.
- Guest Editor – Energies Journal special issue, ‘Electrical Power and Energy systems’ (2012)
- Ravizza S., Chen J., Atkin J., Burke E. and Stewart P., “The trade-off between taxi time and fuel consumption in airport ground movement”, Springer-Verlag Journal of Public Transport Planning and Operations, ISSN: 1866-749X (print version), ISSN: 1613-7159 (electronic version), DOI 10.1007/s12469-013-0060-1, Volume 5, Issue 1 (2013), Page 25-40
- Smith T., Bingham C., Stewart P., Allarton R. and Stewart J., “Energy Harvesting and Power Network Architectures for the MAAT High Altitude Cruiser-Feeder Airship Concept”, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering April 2013 vol. 227 no. 4 586-598
- Guest Editor – Machines Journal special issue, ‘Advances in Control Engineering’ (2013/14)
- .J. C. Pascoa, A. Dumas, M. Trancossi, P. Stewart and D. Vucinic, ‘A review of thrust-vectoring in support of a V/STOL non-moving mechanical propulsion system’, Central European Journal of Engineering, 3(3), 2013, pp. 374-388.
- Domenec Puig, Carmine Tommaso Recchiuto, Emanuele Rizzo, Agusti Solanas, (2014) Paul Stewart, “A personal robotic flying machine with vertical takeoff controlled by the human body movements”, Book: A. Natraj et al. (Eds.): TAROS 2013, LNAI 8069, pp. 1–2, 2014. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-662-43645-5_7, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- Ravizza, Stefan and Chen, Jun and Atkin, Jason A. D. and Stewart, Paul and Burke, Edmund K. (2014) “Aircraft taxi time prediction: comparisons and insights“. Applied Soft Computing, 14 (c). pp. 397-406. ISSN 1568-4946
- Trancossi, M., Dumas, A., Stewart, P., and Vucinic, D., (2014) “Increasing Aeronautic Electric Propulsion Performance by Cogeneration and Heat Recovery,” SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-2106, 2014, doi:10.4271/2014-01-2106.
- Guest Editor – Machines Journal special issue, ‘Advances in Control Engineering 2nd ed.’ (2015)
- Jun Chen, Michal Weiszer, Paul Stewart and Masihalah Shabani, (2015) ‘Towards a More Realistic, Cost Effective and Greener Ground Movement through Active Routing: Part 1-Optimal Speed Profile Generation’, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Issue 99, pp 1-14, ISSN: 1524-9050, DOI: 10.1109/TITS.2015.2477350, November 2015-11-18
- Cen, T. Smith, P. Stewart and J. Stewart (2015), ‘Integrated Flight/Thrust Vectoring for Jet-Powered Unmanned Aerial Vehicles with ACHEON Propulsion’, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part G: Journal of Aerospace Engineering vol.229, pp1057-1075, May 2015 first published online July 29, 2014 DOI: 10.1177/0954410014544179
- Michal Weiszer, Jun Chen, Paul Stewart (2015), ‘A real-time Active Routing approach via a database for airport surface movement‘. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Volume 58, Part A, September 2015, Pages 127–145 DOI: 10.1016/j.trc.2015.07.011
- Michele Trancossi, Mauro Madonia, Antonio Dumas, Diego Angeli, Chris Bingham, Shyam Sumanta Das, Francesco Grimaccia, Jose Pascoa Marques, Eliana Porreca, Tim Smith, Paul Stewart, Maharshi Subhash, Anna Sunol and Dean Vucinic, (2016) ‘A new aircraft architecture based on the ACHEON Coanda effect nozzle: flight model and energy evaluation’ European Transport Research Review, 8(2) · June 2016, DOI: 10.1007/s12544-016-0198-4
- Paul Stewart and Chris Bingham ‘Electrical Power and Energy Systems for Transportation Applications’, Energies 2016, 9(7), 545; doi:10.3390/en9070545, Received: 11 July 2016 / Accepted: 13 July 2016 / Published: 14 July 2016
- Jun Chen, Michal Weiszer, Giorgio Locatelli, Stefan Ravizza, Jason A. Atkin, Paul Stewart and Edmund Burke, (2016) ‘Towards a More Realistic, Cost Effective and Greener Ground Movement through Active Routing: Part 2-A Multi-Objective Shortest Path Approach’ , IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems, December 2016, 17(12):3524-3540) Digital Object Identifier 10.1109/TITS.2016.2587619
- Cen, P. Stewart (2016), ‘Condition Parameter Estimation for Buck Converters based on Model Observers’, IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, vol. PP, Issue 99, pages 1-13, October 2016, 10.1109/TR.2016.2618320.
- Tim Smith, Michele Trancossi, Dean Vucinic, Chris Bingham and Paul Stewart, (2017) ‘Primary and Albedo Solar Energy Sources for High Altitude Persistent Air Vehicle Operation‘, Energies 2017, 10(4), 573; doi:10.3390/en10040573
- Michal Weiszer, Jun Chen, Paul Stewart, (2018) ‘Preference-based evolutionary algorithm for airport surface operations’, Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies, Volume 91, June 2018, Pages 296–316, doi: 10.1016/j.trc.2018.04.008
- Stalker, C., Elander, J., Mitchell, K., Taal, M.W., Selby, N. & Stewart, P. (2018). ‘What is acceptance, and how could it affect health outcomes for people receiving renal dialysis?‘ Health Psychology Update, 27 (2), 17-23.
- A. Wrigley, P. Wood, P. Stewart, R. Hall, D. Robertson (2018) ‘Module layout optimization using a genetic algorithm in light water modular nuclear reactor power plants‘, Nuclear Engineering and Design, Volume 341, January 2019, Pages 100-111, ISSN 0029-5493, doi:10.1016/j.nucengdes.2018.10.023.
- Sciubba, P. Stewart, T.E. Amidon, K.T. Chau, A. Olabi (eds.), (2019) ‘10 Years of Energies – Horizon 2028’, Energies Open Access Journal Special Edition, printed book in press.
- Paul Stewart, Jill Stewart, T Walker, V R Latha Gullapudi, Nicholas M Selby, Maarten W Taal (2019) MEASURING PRESSURE WAVES IN DIALYSIS LINES TO DERIVE CONTINUOUS ARTERIAL BLOOD PRESSURE: PILOT WORK IN AN IN VITRO AND IN SILICO Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, Volume 34, Issue Supplement_1, June 2019, gfz103.SP541, https://doi.org/10.1093/ndt/gfz103.SP541, Published: 13 June 2019
- Paul Stewart, Jill Stewart, T Walker, V R Latha Gullapudi, Maarten W Taal, Nicholas M Selby, (2019) DEVELOPMENT OF AN IN VITRO SIMULATION MODEL TO INVESTIGATE HAEMODYNAMIC RESPONSES DURING HAEMODIALYSIS, Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation, Volume 34, Issue Supplement_1, June 2019, gfz106.FP630, https://doi.org/10.1093/ndt/gfz106.FP630
- Stewart, Jill, Paul Stewart, Thomas Walker, Tarek Eldehini, Daniela V. Horner, Bethany Lucas, Kelly White, et al. (2020). “A Feasibility Study of Non-invasive Continuous Estimation of Brachial Pressure Derived from Arterial and Venous Lines During Dialysis.” engrXiv. May 7. doi:10.31224/osf.io/xpv65.
- Stewart, Jill; Stewart, Paul; Walker, Thomas; Gullapudi, Latha; Eldehni, Tarek; Selby, Nicholas; et al. (2020):An Application of The Lomb-Scargle Periodogram To Investigate Heart Rate Variability During Haemodialysis. Preprint. https://doi.org/10.36227/techrxiv.12442181.v1
- Stewart, J., Stewart, P., Walker, T., Horner, D. V., Lucas, B., Taal, M. W., & Selby, N. M. (2020). An Iterative Run-to-Run Learning Model to Derive Continuous Brachial Pressure Estimates from Arterial and Venous Lines During Dialysis Treatment. https://doi.org/10.31224/osf.io/wj9v5
- Jill Stewart, Paul Stewart, Tom Walker, Daniela Viramontes Horner, Bethany Lucas, Kelly White, Maarten W Taal, Nicholas M Selby, Mel Morris, (2021) “A feasibility study of non-invasive Continuous Estimation of Brachial Pressure Derived from Arterial and Venous Lines During Dialysis“, (2021) IEEE Journal of Translational Engineering in Health and Medicine, Print ISSN: 2168-2372, Online ISSN: 2168-2372, vol. 9, pp. 1-9, 2021, Art no. 2700209, doi: 10.1109/JTEHM.2020.3035988
- Jill Stewart, Paul Stewart, Tom Walker, Daniela Viramontes-Hörner, Bethany Lucas, Kelly White, Maarten W. Taal, Nicholas M. Selby, Mel Morris (2021), ‘An iterative run-to-run learning model to derive continuous brachial pressure estimates from arterial and venous lines during dialysis treatment’, Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, Volume 65, 2021, 102346, ISSN 1746-8094, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bspc.2020.102346.
- Stewart Jill, Stewart Paul, Walker Tom, Gullapudi Latha, Eldehni Mohamed T., Selby Nicholas M., Taal, Maarten W. (2020), ‘Application of the Lomb-Scargle Periodogram to Investigate Heart Rate Variability during Haemodialysis’, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/8862074, Journal of Healthcare Engineering, Volume 2020, Article ID 8862074, 18 pages, 2020/12/08n
- Stewart (ed) (2021), ‘Energy Complex System Simulation, Design and Optimisation’, Energies Open Access Journal Special Edition, https://www.mdpi.com/journal/energies/special_issues/energy_complex_system.
- Stewart, Paul; Stewart, Jill, ‘Noninvasive continuous intradialytic blood pressure monitoring: the key to improving haemodynamic stability’ Current Opinion in Nephrology and Hypertension. 30(6):559-562, November 2021, doi: 10.1097/MNH.0000000000000738
- Gullapudi, Venkata & White, Kelly & Stewart, Jill & Stewart, Paul & Eldehni, Mohammed & Taal, Maarten & Selby, Nicholas. (2021). ‘An Analysis of Frequency of Continuous Blood Pressure Variation and Haemodynamic Responses during Haemodialysis‘. Blood Purification. 51. 1-15. 10.1159/000516935.