Call for papers:
Topic title：Low Carbon Energy in Transportation
Name: Prof. Dr. Paul Stewart
Affiliation: Energy and Environment in the Institute for Innovation in Sustainable Engineering, University of Derby, Lonsdale House, Derby, DE1 3HD, UK
Research Interests: Complex system simulation, design and optimisation; artificial intelligence and advanced control systems; power and energy architectures and electrical machines, drives and systems; energy conversion and storage; remote monitoring and sensing; prognostics and diagnostics; low carbon and low emissions operations
Co-Topic Editor :
Name: Prof. Dr. Rui Chen
Affiliation: Loughborough University UK / Tianjin University
Research Interests: Low carbon power engineering, hydrogen, fuel cells.
Co-Topic Editor :
Name: Prof. Dr. Chris Bingham
Affiliation: Lincoln University UK
Research Interests: aircraft dynamics and advanced control; impact of driver behavior on energy efficiency of EVs/HEVs, electrical power distribution for deep-sea ROVs; power electronic servo-drive systems; real-time prognostics and diagnostics for industrial systems; sensor validation and fault detection; high-efficiency power supplies for domestic products; active magnetic bearings for high-speed energy storage
Dear colleagues, greetings from the Special Topic Editors.
We are inviting submissions to a Special Topic of Energies Journal on the subject area of “Low Carbon Energy in Transportation” which covers an incredibly broad technical scope from low carbon aircraft, vehicles, and ships, through mobile energy storage, energy vectors sources and fuels, multi-modal transport operations, scheduling and systems optimisation, to societal behavioural change, policy, energy economics and governance.
In multidisciplinary terms, the subject ranges include electronic, control and systems engineering, LC vehicle design, materials engineering and physics, energy transmission and conversion, computer and data science and AI, electrical machines and drives, operations research, energy economics and behavioural change, and many more.
Topics of interest for publication include, but are not limited to:
- Novel Electrical Power Systems architectures and technologies;
- Energy vectors, integration with renewables, power and energy dense machines, converters and energy storage;
- Air, land and sea vehicles; electrical propulsion and actuation for land, sea and air vehicles;
- Electrical Machines, Drives, Systems and Applications—AC and DC machines and drives;
- Multiscale systems modeling; remote monitoring and diagnosis;
- Power Electronic Systems—Converters and emerging technologies;
- Modeling simulation and control, reliability and fault tolerance, safety critical operation;
- Electrical Power Generation Systems—Modeling and simulation of electrical power systems;
- Load management; power quality; distribution reliability; distributed and islanded power systems, sensor networks, communication and control;
- Electrical Power Systems Modeling and Control—Modeling and control methodologies and applications;
- Intelligent systems; optimization and advanced heuristics; adaptive systems; robust control.
- Multi modal transport operations, scheduling and optimisation